Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Avoid Making Use Of Agps Or Network Gps To Avoid Deduction Of Money Android

Following up with the ans I got from this post I would like to know how can I avoid making use of AGPS or network GPS. I am using LocationClient in my code to fetch user's current

Solution 1:

Don't use fused. Use GPS_PROVIDER alone. That will use just your GPS hardware. The entire point of fused is to use AGPS and network to reduce the need for GPS and reduce battery use.

Solution 2:

LocationClient is the new GPS solution on Android which uses network/GPS and sensors to give you optimal location. When I say optimal I mean, battery, heat, cost and accuracy. Infact it is atleast 80% better when considering all costs.

I would strongly recommend that you use LocationClient API's. If you dont, you are better off using just GPS Provider from your LocationManager. LocationClient is a overkill.

Post a Comment for "Avoid Making Use Of Agps Or Network Gps To Avoid Deduction Of Money Android"